Entry Island, All Saints Memorial
Completed in 1950, the present church building replaced the first and smaller church built in 1895. The entire building, inside and out, was constructed by residents of Entry Island. As well as being a parish church, All Saints also has the status of “Royal Rifles War Memorial,” in memory of the young men of Entry Island who died as Japanese prisoners of war following the fall of Hong Kong in the Second World War. Among the church’s more notable features is the impressive pulpit, which came to All Saints after the closure of St. Augustine’s Anglican Church in Amherst (Havre-Aubert) at the turn of the last century. The large white cross which stands outside the church was erected in 1988, in memory of Entry Islanders who have perished at sea.