Subscribe By RSS or Email

Ile d’Orléans, St Mary’s Chapel

0ne hundred years ago the Diocesan Gazette took pride in carrying illustrations to each issue, but, unlike our present paper, these were not interspersed in the text, but had to be printed on special paper and stapled into place as separate pages. The extra expense of such a practice dictated that pictures in any given issue were few — probably limited to two. In the November 1906 issue, both of the pictures for the month were devoted to one particular church — St Mary’s Chapel — on the Island of Orleans.